Origin of a Toastery


To celebrate LC's birthday, he has provided an ode to his grandma; the inspiration behind the Toastery.

"I never knew how much one thing could a hold a family together. A simple concept of bread being heated, with butter melted over it when it popped out of the little machine. Ooh, a simple thing as toast. Toast was the prime consistency in our lives. Us kids never grew up with a ton of stability; a ton of normalcy. There was fighting, there was yelling, there was depression, there was loneliness, and there was fear. But there was always toast. That was you grandma!


Your home was the very first Toastery. It didn't matter what happened in my life. I could talk to you about my girlfriend. I could come to you with family issues. I could run to you. I could stay the night on your porch, and be awoken by the smell of that perfectly cooked toast. I don't know how you did it. I kept trying to emanate what it was that made your toast so much better than other toast. I tried different bread, I tried different toasters, and even different butter or margarine. It never worked. It wasn't until we lost you that I realized it was the love that made the toast so good.

Judy Ellingson, the "OG"
That's why I opened this Toastery, grandma. It was for you. It was to show you that your love did not go unnoticed. I can't imagine where my life would be or if I would even be here anymore if it weren't for you making me toast. As crazy as that may sound to people; they just don't know. Darren and I work hard everyday to honor your name and to continue the legacy you established in our hearts. I hope we are making you proud. We just raised $2.55 million dollars for the JDRF Minnesota!! Oh my, what an event.

I wish you were here to experience this with us! I want to show you what the Toastery will look like when it is finished being built, and I want you there opening night. I miss you! Those words will never be enough, but I hope you're looking down and seeing us brothers creating this business and sharing the love you gave to us. I hope you know we do it for you!

I love you grandma.

- Love, LC - "

TELL US YOUR INSPIRATION!

LC told us about his inspiration for opening Mac's Toastery, now we would love to hear about your inspiration. Head over to our Facebook and Twitter all this week to let us know!

Comments

  1. This story really hit home for me - SO inspirational. For any non-believers, Grandma's toast is the best toast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts